Sunday 27 May 2012

Oh, you should probably know...

I'm pro-life. :)

Okay, that was pretty obvious with the post about Mother's Day, and the October Baby review.  But I just thought it should be officially said.  :)

I could explain why, but Talia has an excellent article about abortion on her blog, Girlz of God.  You can check it out here here.  She also includes the 180 Movie, which is a wonderful movie (although a tiny bit graphic) showing how the extermination of the Jews by Hitler, is just like killing unborn babies today.  I hope you don't mind me linking to your blog, Tal!

Recently I was supposed to write a "Cause-effect" paper.  I chose abortion.  I learned a LOT about the horrors of abortion while researching my paper.  The internet is so helpful (yes, I know not everything on the internet is trustworthy...).  I'll ask my mom if I can post my paper on here when it's finished.  

Anyway, one of my resources was Christian Patriot's For Life.  This site has a really good question and answer, from a Christian, pro-life perspective about abortion on their website which you can check out here.

I cited a lot from pro-life sites so I checked out a pro-choice website and found their question and answer about abortion.  Compare and contrast the answers here.

If you happened to watch the 180 Movie, the Pro-Choice Action Network says in reply to "Abortion is...another Nazi holocaust...", "Hitler used racial grounds to exterminate Jews and other "undesirables." In the reproductive rights movement, no one is out to kill all embryos.  It is an insult to the memory of human beings murdered by the Nazis to equate them with embryos for anti-abortion propaganda."  Uhhh...    I don't think so.

The network also added that the " 'slippery slope' argument has no merit" (i.e. allowing abortion will lead to euthanasia and infanticide).  But without God, things only get worse.  When we allow a little compromise in our lives, we step farther away from Him.  It's like telling a lie - one lie leads to another, and another, and another, a dangerous path leading us away from God's will...and the farther we are away from God, the worse things get, until we find ourselves in a very lonely and sad place.  But God is a God of love and forgiveness, as well as justice, and He promises to answer those who call to Him (Jeremiah 33:3).

Anyway, as usual there's more I could say, but I will leave you with these thoughts for now.

"Klarabelle"

Randomly, this was my 50th blog post!  Eek! (no, it's not a mouse ;)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I often reply, so please check back!