Sunday 17 March 2013

What's Up?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been slightly crazy (but in an okay way). Let's see, what's new?

- I've been reading a bit more lately! I found a fascinating book at the library called Gideon the Cutpurse (or The Time Travelers), about two British children (in the 21st century) who are flung back in time by an anti-gravity machine. They find themselves in 1763 where they are befriended by a "reformed cutpurse" named Gideon. I really enjoyed the book, and I pretty much adore Gideon. :) {In warning though, the book mentions evolution... there's also a bit of swearing, though I think it's just the "d word"... which isn't a bad word for British people. But I'm getting off topic.} I stayed up late on Friday night reading, in hopes of going to the library the next day. I finished reading the book (cliffhangers... grrr!) but the library on Saturday was CLOSED! (Or, in more technical terms, not open until 12:00... I went there around 10) So, I shall now have to wait until Thursday. I am attempting to satisfy my impatience by rereading my favorite parts of Book 1... (I refused to return the book since I couldn't get book 2. Don't worry, it's not due until next week.) 

- I stopped wearing socks inside the house because apparently they are the cause of random objects in shocking me. It's a bit cold, and I do miss my colorful socks, but at least I can enjoy my orange nail polish now. 

- I'm writing again. (though this should technically be on my writing blog... oh well) In other words, working on one of my novels once more. I experienced a trying case of writer's block, but it appears to be lifting. I am very happy about this. :)

- Apparently today is St. Patrick's Day. I unconsciously wore green when I changed clothes after church...

- These paragraphs are getting shorter.

- And shorter.

- Let's move on now... to... 

EPICNESS!!! (okay, pardon the random outburst) --> Lena was kind enough to allow me to interview her about her new book, Hafling Diaries! Check it out here! If you enjoy the interview, please leave a comment [on the other blog]. :) 

Well, I guess that's all for now. What's new with YOU? :)

"Klarabelle"

P.S. Sorry I haven't been visiting your blogs lately... please don't take it personally. I've been busy. :) I'm studying for the ACT, studying for my driving permit, and other fun stuff. :) 

12 comments:

  1. From Riversbend:
    It is good to see you writing again!:) I am glad you are back into reading! I haven't reading as much lately, but I will get lots done when I go on my trip to Sacramento for spring break! I am excited and need a break from my 'home life' if you know what I mean:) Please pray for me! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Riversbend! Thanks for the comment! :) Ooh, your trip sounds exciting! I hope it goes well!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are writing again. When is your ACT? and do you have your license or just your Learner's Permit?? :) Miss You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) The ACT is April 15, I think, though I'm not 100% sure on that... learner's permit :)
      Miss you too!

      Delete
  3. Hey, Klarabelle, where have you been? We've missed you on the BRC!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks so much for the comment! So sorry I haven't been on BRC lately... my life has been crazy busy. :p I still read the readings, but I'm behind. :p Thanks for thinking of me; I'll try to write in soon!

      Delete
  4. KARA!!! :) <3 How are you? Loved your blog post, it was so cheerful as always. That's so cool your working on your novels again, I can't wait to read one! And that's so cool that you got your permit! What do you think of driving so far?
    Ok, I'd better go before I turn this comment into an essay of seeing what you've been up too.... :) I hope we can hang out soon!! Love you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, you are such a sweetie! :) We need to hang out soon!

      Delete
  5. From Riversbend:
    Guess what? My family isn't leaving until Tuesday the 26th! My dad is going to take a test for a job he has been waiting to here from!:) This is an answer to prayer because he works nights and has been waiting for a day job like this! Please be praying!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Riversbend:
      We were going to leave this Saturday, but God had other plans!:)

      Delete
  6. I love the randomness of your posts...LOL! It may seem kind of funny, but I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Sorry, late reply!)
      Thanks so much, Elizabeth!!!

      Delete

Comments make my day! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I often reply, so please check back!