Tuesday 5 November 2013

no sting

1 Corinthians 15:55 says, "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?" Though death is one of the consequences of sin that came into the world as a result of sin, Christ conquered death by paying the punishment for our sin and rising again as proof that His sacrifice was enough. Death need not hold fear for a Christian... death has no sting, hell has no victory. Death is not goodbye for those united in Christ - death is only a temporary separation that awaits a victorious reunion. It's not the end, it's not the victory. For a Christian, it means peace and glory and getting to finally meet Jesus. As my family prepares to bid a temporary goodbye to a beloved member of our spiritual and physical family, and I look around me and see a world that is suffering and hurting, it's making me excited for heaven one day. But I know that at the present Jesus seems to have some more work for me to do here, and I'm excited to do it for Him. <3

{source: pinterest}

"Klarabelle"

Update: Grandpa went to be with the Lord today (Thursday). We are glad that he is with his Savior now, and that he is in a place where there is no confusion or pain. We miss him, but are looking forward to seeing him again someday.

4 comments:

  1. From Riversbend:

    Hey there! What encouraging words! Thank you for posting this! May I ask who you are having to say 'good-bye' to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riversbend!!! It was my grandpa. He passed away today minutes before my Mom and I arrived. We are happy that he is with Jesus now. <3

      Delete
  2. Ah Kara. So true. I will be praying for you & your family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I often reply, so please check back!