Tuesday 8 December 2015

a farewell and a greeting

Almost four and a half years ago on August 31, 2011, after much encouragement from two friends of mine, I became a blogger. I didn't really have any idea what I was doing, but I described my spot on the blogosphere as, "Klarabelle Candy - miscellaneous thoughts, articles, and stories from the heart of a teenage girl." When I wrote out the definition of the word "epic" as my first blog post, I had no idea that blogging would become a significant part of my life, that my blog could look way cooler than a free template, or that I would have more than ten followers. I would never have imagined that my "miscellaneous journalings" and "not-so-collected thoughts" would be read by so many young ladies, or that I would fall in love with the blogging community. In June 2012, "Klarabelle Candy" received a makeover and in July 2012, my friends help me host my first "26 Follower Giveaway".

In the summer of 2014 quite a few changes occurred in my life and I took a bit of a break from blogging. Early in 2015, however, I realized that I didn't want to give up my online writing. I came back with a clearer direction of where I wanted the blog to go (Lordwilling). I decided to be purposeful and genuine in my writing - less posts ranting about mustaches and no more façades of "having it all together". Instead of being my outlet for complaints, ideas, and opinions, I wanted my blog to be a place where I could bluntly share my personal thoughts and struggles. 

In accordance with this change, I have decided that it is time to start over with a new blog. 

So in a sense, this is goodbye. I will leave "Klarabelle Candy" on the web for a while, but this will be my final post. This blog and its followers have been with me through the ups and downs of the past for four years, and I am sad that it has come to an end.

But in a sense, this is hello. I'd like to invite you to check out my new blog, "Broken Strings & Slumbering Chords", a twenty-something's reflections on life, following God, living with depression, and falling in love. 
Thank you so much to the two young ladies who helped me begin my blogging journey. Thank you to Emma for replacing my clique template with a unique look you made just for me and to Morning for redesigning this blog more recently. Thank you to those who have placed my button on their sidebars and reposted my writings. And lastly, thank you to all who have been faithful to read my posts and support me through your comments and kinds words... you are the reason I have continued on. I hope you'll come visit me at my new blog and stay for a while! 

2011

Hi! I'm Kara (though I respond to "Klara" and "Klarabelle" and various other names). Thanks for stopping by my blog... I love "meeting" blog people, reading comments, and hearing your thoughts! A little bit about me... well, some of my interests include writing: (mostly novels, but other types of writing too), reading, drawing, shopping, crafts, fairies, hearts, Narnia, blogging (you couldn't guess, could you!?), and the French Revolution, not to mention musicals, singing, Lord of the Rings, purple or turquoise things, castles, rodents, and 1800's stuff. Most importantly though, I am a Christian who loves her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without Him, I am nothing! 

2015

Hey, I’m “Klarabelle”! I have enjoyed creative writing for as long as I can remember and found myself falling down the figurative rabbit hole of blogging in 2011 (I’ve only looked back once). When I'm not working or fiddling with my cellular communication device, I enjoy writing old-fashioned letters to my incredible boyfriend, attempting to have deep conversations, doodling on lined paper (because drawing paper is too far away), and overanalyzing the sporadic movements of my betta fish, Natsu. Most importantly, though, I’m a Christian who loves her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ – without Him, I am nothing! He has saved me from my sin, called me out of darkness, and brought me "into His marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9, NKJV). I desire to serve Him in everything I do and to love Him more and more each day.

 photo kara.signature_zpsludd1qzl.png

1 comment:

  1. AAA this post made my day! you've gone so far, I love your blog thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I often reply, so please check back!