Friday 9 May 2014

Happy Mother's Day... x 3

There are many amazing ladies who have been influential in my life, some of them that I do not even know personally or have helped my family or me in ways I am unaware of. But on this day to celebrate and honor mothers, I could think of three that most certainly deserve my thanks.

My birthmom. I don't know her name or what she looks like. I don't know her age, her likes or her dislikes, what makes her smile or what makes her angry, what makes her laugh or what makes her cry. But I do know this: that she must be an incredibly brave and strong woman who valued life because she chose to cherish the life that God had given her - she chose to give my my best chance even though it probably wasn't easy. I don't know you, but I love you, and I will be eternally grateful to you. 

My fostermom. Though I don't remember you (I was just a little munchkin back then!), I treasure the photos we have together, and the video of you holding me when my parents got to meet you. Love you!

And lastly, to my mom... Thank you for being my mommio/Mosbio/Moommy and many other random names... For quoting Lord of the Rings. And Stormbreaker. And Endeavour. And more... For letting me talk to you for hours about my books... For being totally willing to drive me. Everywhere. And listen to Josh Groban everytime. For exercising "tough love" when it was really necessary (not like that happens often though, right?). For training me up in The Lord. For believing when I doubted. For always inspiring me to be a better person, to grow closer to the Lord. For being strong when I'm not. For reminding me who is stronger than both of us. I love you. 

Happy Mothers Day to three incredible women. Thank you for choosing life so that I could be here today. 

"Klarabelle" 

2 comments:

  1. ...What a beautiful post, "Klarabelle"! May you continue to grow in the ways of the Lord. Thank you for sharing your journey here!

    Love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nominated you for a Liebster Award (though I'm jumping sites to do it.) You are awesome, Klarabelle! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I often reply, so please check back!