Sunday 7 October 2012

Hello!

Hello! It's me.

Well, of course it's me. Who else would it be? (haha, that rhymes. Why aren't you laughing, too?)

I thought I should actually post a candid post on here, instead of publishing one of the many posts I have saved in drafts. :p So here I am!

I guess I'm going through one of those non-blogging phases. Or maybe it's just called "high school". Or perhaps I'm being lazy. Either or, I thought I should actually talk to you today. So, how are you? How's life? Anything exciting happen to you since school started? Are you ready for winter? Or are you excited for fall? Are you wearing boots yet? <--- pick a question to answer. Or, answer all 6! :P

And, one more question...

What would you like me to blog about? I know I did a poll concerning this a while ago...but here are the list of stuff I have saved in drafts (or stored away in my mind, ready to leap out onto the keys)...what would you like me to publish / write?

- A Christian movie review
- A secular movie review
- Friendship
- My insanity...
- My last post about the Hunger Games (I know, you're thinking, "ANOTHER ONE!!!???")
- How to figure out the worldview of a movie / song/ book / _______ (fill in the blank)
- You pick! Comment below and tell me what specific thing YOU would like me to post about!

And, so you aren't completely bored with this post, I'll include something which has been a title, a Bible verse, and a few words sitting in drafts for months. It's a short sequel to my blog post, Sorry, that Word is BANNED!!! (Banned - one of those words that looks ridiculous after you stare at it too long). Anyway, here's a mini blog post for you. :)

A Word that Should Not Be Banned

In James chapter 4, we read...

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 
(emphasis added)

In our society where we plan what we're going to do, where we call our friends and organize outings, where we have school from Monday-Friday (although with exceptions!), where Christmas is always on December 25th...  it's strange to think about not knowing what will happen to us tomorrow. But it's true. We have no idea. And although to our finite minds, our lives seem long (and when we're bored for a couple hours, our lives almost seem unending!). Also, when we are young, our lives seem to stretch on forever in front of us, and we may be tempted to think we have time to do it...tomorrow.

But honestly, we don't know what will happen to us tomorrow. Though we shouldn't run around biting off our nails in fear of the potentially-horrendous TOMORROW, we also shouldn't be boasting of our plans. Though the Bible doesn't say planning per say is wrong, it does say that saying we will do such-and-such is wrong. Instead, James tells us we should say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." That's why some people say, "If God wills" or "Lordwilling". 

I'm trying to get more in the habit of saying "Lordwilling". It puts the focus on God and not our finite plans. I encourage you to work on adding "Lordwilling" to your frequently-used-words list, too! :) 

{end}

Don't forget to tell me what YOU want me to post about! :) And if you feel so inclined, let me know how you are doing today and what's new. :) 

Thanks for reading!

"Klarabelle" 

7 comments:

  1. Let's post about your insanity {and mine, too :p}! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that... your insanity! What more would one wish to read about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insanity, friendship, both the movie reviews, and the Hunger Games post. I just wanna see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! I really liked this post!! It was very good and very encouraging! You have a gift of encouragement and evangelism! Keep up the good work! I think you should post about.....what God has been doing in your life and how you have been able to overcome things with Him! Also on friendship and a Christian movie review! I have been up to..... a lot of things!! School, friendships, my walk with the Lord,and accepting disappointments in life!(Not exactly in that order!) I was really bummed that I didn't get to go to help out at a Christian girl's camp for the 8-12 year old girls this past weekend! I was looking forward to it but the Lord had other plans! Praying for you!
    ~Riversbend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Ooh, I would be bummed too. That sounds like a really neat experience. But I'm glad you are trusting the Lord; He must have something really amazing in your future for ya! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your thoughts, everyone!!! I'm excited to post what you requested! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Klarabelle, I read your post and, I think I know what you should post: RANDOMNESS!!! It actually very fun to post about randomness if you think about it. And, randomness can show your insanity. So, I'll have to go for, your insanity.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I often reply, so please check back!